Chrome Stick #7436 - BLEMISHED
*** Returned item damaged in shipping. Buyer returned a shifter kit without packing material and the shifter base repeatedly banged into the stick, dinging the chrome finish, mostly on bottom side along angled part beneath knob threads and a few on the driver's side. Top and passenger side are clean. HALF PRICE. Pictures are NOT of actual item, just file photos***
PLAIN chrome shifter stick #7436:
- ~10" tall, bends 5" rearward & 2" left
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- PLAIN sides - NO LOGO - NOT a Hurst part!
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 11.2" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Interchanges with Hurst #5387436
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3917438 for 1969 Camaro & Firebird (muncie 4 speed w/ & w/o console)
- 3917438 for 1973-77 Camaro & Firebird‚ (saginaw 4 speed w/ console)
- 3667954 for 1968-72 Chevelle w/ muncie 3 speed only, w/o console
- similar to stick #0100 found on shifter 4070009 for Richmond 5 speed
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
This stick is also used by the following Hurst & Core internal rail shifters - matching base required, not compatible with stock shifters (see complete kits):
- 3912003 Blackjack shifter for 1970-1981 Camaro w/ TKO
- 3912010 Blackjack shifter for 1969 Camaro w/ TKO
- 3913001 Blackjack shifter for 1970-1981 Camaro w/ Magnum
- 3913008 Blackjack shifter for 1969 Camaro w/ Magnum
- Core Shifters kit for 1985-1987 Ford Ranger 4x4 w/ FM145
*** I ALSO OFFER THE "OLD SCHOOL" ROUND BAR VERSION OF THIS STICK under #7438***
We Also Recommend