Hurst Chrome Stick # 8620
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 8620:
- 15.25" tall, curves 6.5" forward, then turns rearward to end 1" forward of stub
- From lower mount hole, stick rises 3.25" vertical then 3" forward, then it bends 60 deg upward and continues forward to a point 6.5" in front of mount holes, 9" above lower mount hole. From there it goes 45 deg rearward, ending 1" forward of mount holes, 15.25" above lower mount hole
- 3/8"-16 knob thread
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 15.1" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
Bolt-on version of integral stick found in Hurst shifter kit # 3913780 for 1955, 1956, & 1957 Chevy models:
- Hurst describes it as a "bench seat stick for custom installations"
- NO application is specified - generic part - MEASURE before you buy!
- It is meant for ANYONE (car or truck) doing a trans swap etc where the shifter base is close to or underneath the seat (if this happens to fit)
- MAKE SURE this will clear your bench seat frame underneath! It is ~3.25" from lower bolt hole to top edge of forward bend (in neutral...)
- This is a very TALL stick - meaning it requires a shifter base with a high fulcrum to get a decent throw!
- IF YOU HAVE A 1955-57 CHEVY w/ 4 SPEED - DO NOT BUY THIS STICK - COMPLETE HURST SHIFTER # 3913780 IS REQUIRED TO CLEAR THE BENCH SEAT!
- If you are doing a 5 or 6 speed conversion in a Tri-Five, this may be the "best you can do" but may still require seat frame mods as this bolt-on stick is much taller than the original 4 speed welded stick kit
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend