Hurst Chrome Short Shifter Stick # 7201 w/ hardware & oval boot support grommet
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 7201 + 8mm mounting hardware & Hurst oval boot support grommet:
- 6" tall from lower bolt hole, bends 0.5" rearward
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, triple chrome-plated for beauty
- Modification is difficult & compromises material integrity - could cause failure
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side (or optionally on right)
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - special adapter bolts included
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- This listing also includes Hurst oval boot support grommet for leather console boots w/ ~ 1" dia opening (smaller openings can attach directly to stick via cable tie)
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following Hurst & Core internal rail shifters - matching base required, NOT compatible with stock shifters (see complete kits):
- 3915065 for 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
- 3916030 for 2010-2015 Chevy Camaro & 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
- Various Hurst kits for 2005-2016 Ford Mustang (3910201, 3915201, 3910204, 3910205)
- Core Shifters kit for 1983-2002 Camaro / Firebird 5 speed (T5)
- Core Shifters kit for 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird 6 speed (T56)
- Core Shifters kits for 1997-2013 Corvette 6 speed (C5 & C6, all models T56 / TR6060)
- Core Shifters kit for 2014+ Corvette Stingray C7 7 speed (TR6070)
- Core Shifters kit for 2011-2014 Mustang 6 speed (MT82)
- Core Shifters kit for 2005+ Mustang w/ T56 Magnum XL conversion
UNDERSTAND - Just because this stick works in Hurst kits for these applications DOES NOT MEAN it fits factory shifters! Many factory shifters like 2005+ Mustang, 2010+ Camaro, & G8 GXP, and even the factory Hurst shifter for 2010+ Camaro - are one-piece, the stick is NOT removable; you need to get a complete aftermarket shifter to change the stick. Others (like GTO) require an adapter - see separate listings for those kits. Know what you are buying and check if/how it would fit first!
This stick is also ideal for people with the 2009+ Challenger Hurst shifter # 3916020 looking for a shorter stick (supplied stick is # 7238, 7.5" tall vs 6.0" here, so 1.5" drop). For the 2009+ Challenger with STOCK shifter, I sell special direct-fit short stick kits.
I also sell this stick in kits w/ mounting hardware & classic knob for:
- 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird 6 speed w/ stock or factory option Hurst
- 2005-2010 Mustang 5 speed w/ Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
- 2007+ Mustang Shelby GT500 w/ Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
- 2010-2014 Mustang Shelby GT500 w/ stock shifter
- 2004-2006 GTO 6 speed w/ stock shifter (see kit with special adapter)
- 2009+ Challenger 6 speed w/ stock shifter (see kit with special adapter)
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem! (sold separately)