Hurst Chrome Stick # 4078
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 4078:
- 15.5" tall, curves 10.3" rearward & offsets 0.5" RIGHT
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 18.6" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3916789 for Mopar B-body (mid-size) w/o console (requires base 3914076):
- 1965-1972 Dodge Coronet & Super Bee
- 1966-1972 Dodge Charger
- 1965-1972 Plymouth Belvedere & GTX
- 1968-1972 Plymouth RoadRunner
- Note models w/ console use a different stick (# 4084 sold elsewhere)
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend