Lower oil seal for Hurst Comp Plus New Venture Gear shifters only
Lower oil seal # 2160010 for Hurst Comp Plus shifters for New Venture Gear truck trans only (HM290, 5LM60, NV1500, NV3500). Not used by any other model! This is only for the original tall monolithic diecast Hurst base used by the old original kits (original kits # 3910110, 0111, 0112, 0113, 0120, 0121, 0122, 0140, 0155). Does NOT FIT ANY Core Shifters kit!
This seals the lower part of the stub to the housing, blocking oil from traveling any further upward. It was a later revision not found on early units; the old upper seal under top plate is obsoleted by this part and can be discarded. NOTE: The diecast housing used by these kits is known to develop cracks in the lower / thinner areas, especially if the base bolts loosen. Be sure your housing is not cracked before you spend money on it. IF yours is cracked, buy a new shifter base from us instead - email us.
To install this seal:
- Remove shifter from vehicle and completely disassemble base on a bench
- Install seal from bottom, with upper tabs locking into housing notches at top
- Use a sleeve to hold seal in place from below while inserting stub through seal from top
- A 1 1/4" PVC pipe "male adapter" NPT male thread to socket fitting such as Charlotte / Lasco # 436012 works - buy at Lowes or Home Depot for ~$1
- Replace all remaining parts and return to vehicle
- Make sure to use a dust boot if yours is damaged or missing
We Also Recommend