Vertical stick extension bracket for trucks w/ 2" body lift
Trucks with body lifts need the shifter stick to be elevated to restore knob location to a comfortable position. Sometimes this can be achieved by swapping out the stick or stub normally included in a shifter kit for a taller version, but in many situations a taller stick of the same shape is not available - necessitating a custom extension bracket like you see here:
- Elevates stick by 1.8"
- 3.5" extension length also available - see separate listing
- * as bracket lengthens lever, shifter travel at knob will increase...
- Made of 5/16" thick mild steel, zinc-plated
- Lower holes are clearanced for 3/8" bolts
- Upper holes have 3/8"-24 thread to mount stick
- Bolts for upper holes included (reuse existing bolts in lower holes)
- Smooth on both sides (no stick serrations)
- Mate smooth side of Hurst stick to bracket face
- Mate bracket to smooth side of stub where possible - usually requires flipping stub 180 deg in housing to get smooth faces of stick and stub on same side
- Warning - some stubs do NOT have a smooth side
- Apply RTV silicone sealant to mating faces before final assembly, to enhance connections, and torque 3/8" bolts to 30 ft-lbs
- NOTE: dust boot for base must remain in use - you probably need to install the bracket, install the dust boot, and then install the stick
We Also Recommend