Knob Adapter / Boot Retainer for 1992-2017 Viper & 2015+ Challenger
Knob adapter extension for use with aftermarket shift knob:
- Fits 1992-2017 Dodge Viper - except Hurst or Mopar aftermarket shifters
- Also fits 2015+ Dodge Challenger : 6 speed manual w/ stock shifter stick
- Does NOT FIT Hurst chrome sticks, earlier model years, or any other model
- Knob NOT included!
- Requires a knob or handle w/ M16 x 1.50 thread - NOT 1/2"-20!
- See separate listings for kits w/ knob or pistol grip handle
- Black-anodized billet aluminum adapter threads into knob and onto stick
- 2 7/8" long w/ 7/8" upper thread length
- 4" overall height when used w/ a 2" knob = 1.5" shorter than stock height
- Upper thread (male) is 16mm x 1.50; lower thread (female) is 1/2"-20
- Jam nut NOT included - reuse stock jam nut (under boot)
- Leather console boot snaps into groove near bottom as original
Background info: Dodge introduced a new shifter stick design for the 2015 model year Challenger. Unlike the earlier models, the knob threads onto the shifter stick, and so it is possible to change the knob without changing the stick (earlier model years ie 2009-2014 - require a complete stick kit, see separate listings). However, as the knob is on an extension, any replacement must be similarly tall to avoid interference with neighboring trim. This kit is the perfect low-cost replacement if you don't like the stock knob
We Also Recommend