Hurst Chrome Stick # 7991
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 7991:
- ~10" tall, bends 1.2" sideways (can be left or right)
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into side opposite bend
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 9.8" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3917992 for 1968-1979 Corvette
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
This stick is also used by the following Core internal rail shifters - matching base required, not compatible with stock shifters (see complete kits):
- Core Shifters kit for 2005-2006 Chevy SSR truck (on adapter bracket)
- Core Shifters kit for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 w/ RA60 (on adapter bracket)
I also sell this stick in a kit w/ knob & hdwe for 2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend