Hurst Chrome Stick # 6836
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 6836:
- ~11" tall, bends 4" rearward & offsets 1" RIGHT
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 11.9" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3916848 for 1970-72 Camaro & Firebird (muncie w/ & w/o console)
- 3916848 for 1968-73 Chevy Nova & 1971-73 Pontiac Ventura II (muncie w/o console)
- 3916848 for 1973-74 Chevelle & 1974 El Camino (muncie w/ & w/o console)
- 3916848 for 1961-65 Full Size Ford & Mercury
- 3916848 for 1962-65 Fairlane & Torino w/o console
- 3916848 for 1963-65 Ford Falcon w/ top loader
- 3918789 for 1963-65 Ford Falcon / Ranchero & Mercury Cyclone w/ T10
- 3916822 for 1966-72 GTO, Lemans & Tempest (muncie w/ & w/o console)
- 3916822 for 1973 GTO (muncie w/o console)
- 3917072 for 1968-70 Full Size Chevy (muncie w/o console)
- 3918792 for 1970-72 Cutlass & 442 (muncie w/ console)
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend