old Hurst Chrome Stick # 8022 - see #0090
*** I no longer carry this stick because it is all but identical to the # 0090 stick that I do sell, which costs less. ***
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 8022:
- 12" tall, bends 7.5" rearward & 2" left
- Very similar in shape to chrome stick # 0090 (12.5" tall, bends 7" rearward & 2" to left) - which costs less
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 14.2" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3668034 for 1965-69 Dodge Coronet & Plymouth Belvedere w/ 3 speed
- Bolt-on version of stick used by 3913180 for 1965-73 Mustang & 1966-1973 Fairlane
- Does NOT mean it fits these vehicles, just that it was created from that design
- For trans swaps etc stated application is irrelevant- measure before you buy!
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend