Chrome Stick #6900
PLAIN chrome shifter stick #6900:
- 13.5" tall, bends ~3.5" forward and then curves back to end with knob above stub
- See also similar sticks #4331 (3" taller) & #7236 (2.5" shorter)
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- PLAIN sides - NO LOGO - NOT a Hurst part!
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 13.5" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Interchanges with Hurst #5386900
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick fits the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3666901 for 1966-1970 Chevy Full Size car w/ 3 speed
- 3666901 for 1958-1965 Pontiac Full Size car w/ 3 speed
- 3666901 for 1969-1977 Chevy Truck (4x4) w/ 3 speed
- 3666901 for 1971-1975 Dodge & Plymouth Van w/ 3 speed
- 3666901 for many 1952-1977 Ford & Mercury car & truck w/ 3 speed
- 3916901 (unknown, may be misprint)
- 3918403 (unknown)
- 3918404 (unknown)
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
This stick also fits the following Hurst & Core internal rail shifters - matching base required, not compatible with stock shifters (see complete kits):
- 3912006 Blackjack shifter for 1955-1957 Chevy w/ TKO
- 3913007 Blackjack shifter for 1955-1957 Chevy w/ Magnum
- 3915045 for 1982-1986 Jeep CJ w/ T4 or T5
We Also Recommend