Hurst Chrome Shifter Stick Kit w/ Console Trim Bezel & Boot for 1983-1986 Mustang 5 speed
Hurst chrome stick kit equivalent to discontinued retail # 5380035 but bulk parts, no retail pkg:
- For 1983-1986 Ford Mustang w/ 5-speed manual trans
- Works with STOCK SHIFTER BASES & SOME HURST SHIFTERS (NOT SST or other tall bases)
- COULD fit other brands, BUT boot opening is smaller than stock - trim plate MAY INTERFERE with stop bolts & tall dust boots if near console rim - check first
- NOT for 4 speed applications; stick must bolt onto stub
- Kit includes 8mm mounting bolts for factory shifters; 3/8" available by request
- Knob height ~ near stock (must change base to reduce throw)
- Complete kit w/ short-throw shifter base available in another listing (3910035)
- Trim plate appears to fit 1979-1982 Mustang console (for T5 conversions)
- Similar kits also available for 1987-1993 models (different trim)
- Also available without trim for less $ - fits all years
- Replacement trim plates available here
STICK INFO: Hurst # 8550, chrome plated forged steel, approx 8" tall and bends 3" rearward and then curves back to vertical at top. It was designed specifically for 1983-2004 Mustang. 3/8"-16 knobs threads. All Hurst sticks have 3/8" holes spaced apart 7/8" on center, fits stock and most aftermarket shifters. Stick is also sold alone in my other listings. Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure. *** Knobs with stock 12mm threads are not compatible with this stick. ***
Alternative stick # 0015 remains angled rearward at top.
KNOB INFO: A white Hurst molded knob with shift pattern imprinted on top & "Hurst" on sides. 1 7/8" diameter with 3/8"-16 threaded brass insert + jam nut.
SEE MY OTHER LISTINGS FOR SHIFTERS, STICKS, KNOBS, T-HANDLES & "HURST EQUIPPED" EMBLEMS!
We Also Recommend