6" Hurst Chrome Short Shifter Stick & Knob for 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird 6 speed
Hurst chrome stick kit for 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird w/ 6 speed manual trans:
- Compatible w/ GM factory option Hurst base (GM# 88893296)
- Knob height ~2" shorter than stock, ~12% throw reduction
- NOT recommended for stock "non-Hurst" base - the long throw causes interference with console due to rearward bend- instead buy the taller 7.5" version, a black short stick kit, or a complete shifter kit with base
- Also fits aftermarket Hurst Billet Plus shifters # 3915060 & 3915061 w/ angled stubs (replaces Hurst sticks # 7238 & 8572)
- Does NOT FIT aftermarket Hurst Comp Plus shifters (# 3910060 & 3910061) or any other brand as they have straight stubs that require an angled stick
- VISUALLY CONFIRM YOUR SHIFTER BASE BEFORE PURCHASE!
- Hurst stick # 7201 - chrome plated forged steel; 6" tall, bends 1/2" rearward
- Mounts via 3/8" holes spaced apart 7/8" on center
- 3/8"-16 knob thread
- Special M8 adapter bolts for OE bases
- 3/8"-24 stick bolts for aftermarket Hurst bases also available - specify w/ order
- Hurst molded knob with shift pattern imprinted on top and "Hurst" on sides + jam nut
- 1 7/8" diameter solid polymer ball painted WHITE w/ threaded brass insert
- Other knob options available for additional charge
- *** Knobs with OE 16mm thread are NOT compatible ***
How do you tell a Comp Plus Hurst base from a Billet Plus Hurst base? The Comp Plus has a shiny silver diecast aluminum housing bolted on top of a steel baseplate, whereas the Billet Plus housing is CNC-machined from a single chunk of aluminum.
How do you tell a "factory" Hurst base from an aftermarket Comp Plus Hurst base? They both use a silver diecast housing on a steel baseplate. The factory bases have a yellow zinc-plated stub that is angled toward driver; the aftermarket Comp Plus bases have a dark grey stub that is dead vertical in neutral.
How do you tell a factory option Hurst base from the stock shifter base? The stock shifter has a thin (~1/16") stamped sheetmetal baseplate with a perimeter lip that folds downward, and a round rubber dust boot. The Hurst base has a 5/16" thick steel baseplate, a silver diecast housing, and a more rectangular boot.
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem! (sold separately)
We Also Recommend
6" tapered SS short shifter stick + Hurst knob for 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird - 6 speed w/ factory shifter
7.5" Solid Shifter Stick Kit for 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird 6 speed - OE knob thread