Hurst Chrome Stick # 7438 - ROUND
This is the old school ROUND BAR version of flat # 7436; like the factory original "5325" Hurst stick EXCEPT it bolts on to the stub rather than using the OE bayonet connection, meaning you can use it with any Hurst shifter base that accepts a bolt-on stick. (Also means it DOES NOT fit the factory original shifter base). "Hurst" is stamped on both sides like original. No more need to fight with worn out parts - just buy a new shifter base (3914340 - I do not sell it but others do) and bolt this stick on for the OE look!!
Hurst "round bar" chrome shifter stick # 7438:
- 10.76" tall, bends 3.74" rearward and 1.45" left
- may deviate from exact dimensions of OE 5325 but this is the closest you will get
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into left side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 11.4" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
The flat version of this stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3917438 for 1969 Camaro (all models w/ muncie, w/ & w/o console)
- 3917438 for 1968-69 Firebird & Trans Am (muncie w/ & w/o console
- 3917438 for 1973-77 Camaro & Firebird (saginaw w/ console)
- 3667954 for 1968-72 Chevelle w/ muncie 3 speed only (Mastershift, discontinued)
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend