Hurst Chrome Stick # 7238
Hurst chrome shifter stick # 7238:
- 7.5" tall, dead straight
- Identical in shape to aluminum sticks # 0185 & 0196 + Indy # 0077
- 3/8"-16 knob threads
- Forged mild steel - case-hardened for toughness, chrome-plated for beauty
- "HURST" imprinted on both sides in mid-section
- Mating serrations for Hurst stub mount are stamped into one side
- WARNING: Do not weld, bend, or modify a case-hardened part like this as it will create a weak spot that can lead to catastrophic failure
- Great for custom installations - measure before you buy!
- Mounts via 3/8" bolt holes spaced 7/8" apart - fits any aftermarket Hurst stub
- Many off-brand shifters use 8mm stick bolts - requiring special adapter bolts
- Mix parts carefully as proper leverage ratio (throw length) requires matching stick length to stub fulcrum height
- Stick length = 7.5" (distance from mount to knob) - see swap bases for fulcrum options
- Genuine Hurst part in bulk form - no retail pkg
IF YOU ARE DOING A SWAP - application info is irrelevant once transmission is changed - sit in vehicle with tape measure while studying Hurst catalog - stick section.
This stick is used by the following external linkage Hurst shifters for OE 4 speed transmissions - correct fitment requires the specified Hurst base & installation kit (see Hurst catalog):
- 3917535 Street Super Shifter (also for 1957-62 Corvette)
- 4910001 Super Shifter 3
- 3910003 (unknown)
- 3917960 for 1982 Camaro / Firebird & 1963-67 Corvette
- 4070015 for Richmond 5 speed
NOTE: These part numbers may be specific to the transmission, engine, or interior trim (console etc) and may not fit all models mentioned. Intended for aftermarket Hurst shifters - most OE factory shifters from this era (including Hurst) are NOT compatible with a bolt-on stick; they use a different connection.
This stick is also used by the following Hurst & Core internal rail shifters - matching base required, not compatible with stock shifters (see complete kits):
- 3915032 for 1983-2002 Camaro / Firebird w/ 5 speed
- 3915034 for 1988-1997 Holden Commodore (VN-VS) w/ 5 speed
- 3915061 for 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird w/ 6 speed
- 3916020 for 2009-2016 Challenger w/ 6 speed
- Core Shifters kit for 1994-1997 Holden Commodore HSV (VR-VS) w/ 6 speed
- Core Shifters kit for 2000-2003 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage V12 w/ 6 speed
I also sell this stick in kits w/ knob & mounting hardware - see separate listings
Complete your installation with a "HURST EQUIPPED" emblem!
We Also Recommend