7.5" Chrome Shifter Stick & Knob 1993-2002 Camaro Z28 Firebird TA
Chrome stick kit for 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird w/ 6 speed manual trans:
- Compatible w/ stock & factory option Hurst shifter bases
- Knob height ~1/2" shorter than stock
- Also fits aftermarket Hurst Billet Plus shifter # 3915060 w/ angled stub (replaces Hurst sticks # 8572)
- Does NOT FIT aftermarket Hurst Comp Plus shifters (# 3910060 & 3910061) or any other brand as they have straight stubs that require an angled stick
- VISUALLY CONFIRM YOUR SHIFTER BASE BEFORE PURCHASE!
Kit includes plain chrome stick #7238, classic knob, and M8 adapter bolts for OE bases; 3/8"-24 stick bolts available by request
How do you tell a Comp Plus Hurst base from a Billet Plus Hurst base? The Comp Plus has a shiny silver diecast aluminum housing bolted on top of a steel baseplate, whereas the Billet Plus housing is CNC-machined from a single chunk of aluminum.
How do you tell a "factory" Hurst base from an aftermarket Comp Plus Hurst base? They both use a silver diecast housing on a steel baseplate. The factory bases have a yellow zinc-plated stub that is angled toward driver; the aftermarket Comp Plus bases have a dark grey stub that is dead vertical in neutral.
How do you tell a factory option Hurst base from the stock shifter base? The stock shifter has a thin (~1/16") stamped sheetmetal baseplate with a perimeter lip that folds downward, and a round rubber dust boot. The Hurst base has a 5/16" thick steel baseplate, a silver diecast housing, and a more rectangular boot.
We Also Recommend