Core Shifter w/ chrome stick for Ford Ranger : 1985-1987 V6 4x4 (FM145)
Short throw shifter kit for OE replacement on 5 speed manual trans in:
- 1985-1987 Ford Ranger - most V6 & diesel - 4x4 only
- Also fits I4 gas 4x4 w/ trans code "D" only (rare)
- 1985-1987 Ford Bronco II - most but not all - confirm trans!
- Does NOT FIT trans code "5"
ONLY FITS Mitsubishi FM145 gearbox specific to these models:
- Trans code "D" on door tag
- Case tag ID codes E57A-KB, E57A-KC, E67A-FA, E67A-FB
- Unique trapezoidal shifter base bolt pattern (narrower at rear - see pic)
- Stamped steel oil pan w/ 12 bolts & drain plug at center
- BLACK plastic OE shifter base
- WARNING: LOOK at third pic BEFORE you buy!
- Does NOT FIT TK5 (trans code "5"), 2wd Ranger, other model years, or any other model
- Replaces FoMoCo #E6TZ-7210-C
Select from three different shifter sticks:
- For trucks w/ stock body frame bushings (no spacers):
- Hurst #7436 (flat); knob is 1" rearward & 2" left of OE
- 15.5" from base flange to top of knob; 23% throw reduction
- PLAIN #7438 (round); knob is 1.5" left of OE
- 16" from base flange to top of knob; 21% throw reduction
- NO Hurst markings - NOT a Hurst part!
- For trucks w/ aftermarket body lift (body-to-frame mount spacers) > 2":
- PLAIN #0085 (flat, tall); knob is 3.5" higher than OE
- 19" from base flange to top of knob; 4% throw reduction
- PLAIN chrome stick - NOT a Hurst part!
Kit includes chrome stick, classic knob, base assembly, lower bushing cup, and installation instructions. Stock base bolts are reused. The base is built by Core Shifters using proven components inside a custom housing:
- High-strength billet steel gear selector stub
- Hardened steel cross-pin & glass-reinforced polyamide fulcrum pivot ring
- Self-centering cross-gate bias springs with heat treated spring seats
- CNC-machined billet aluminum housing with steel wear clips
- Laser-cut steel lid & baseplate
- Rubber dust cover boot
We Also Recommend