7.5" Hurst Chrome Shifter Stick & Knob 1993-2002 Camaro Z28 Firebird TA
** READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY *** Buyer responsible for understanding compatibility!
Hurst chrome stick kit w/ classic knob:
- Fits 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird - 6 SPEED ONLY
- Intended for use ONLY with stock & factory Hurst shifter bases
- Knob will be ~1/2" shorter than stock
- Does NOT FIT AFTERMARKET SHIFTERS because they all have straight stubs; if this kit is mounted on a straight stub base, the stick will come straight up in the middle, with no bend towards the driver
- Intended for use with STOCK TRIM AND BOOT. It does not come with a Hurst boot, and does not need one.
- Included rubber boot retainer grommet can be adapted to a modified leather boot if you choose (enlarge opening)
- 8mm mounting hardware included
- Bulk parts, no retail pkg
How do you tell a Comp Plus Hurst base from a Billet Plus Hurst base? The Comp Plus has a silver diecast housing on a steel baseplate (in matte gray or yellow zinc), whereas the Billet Plus has a solid aluminum housing anodized gold or grey.
How do you tell a "factory" Hurst base from an aftermarket Comp Plus Hurst base? Factory Hurst stubs are angled, smooth on both sides, and have 8mm threaded mounting holes; aftermarket Comp Plus stubs are straight, have mating serrations for a Hurst stick on one side, and 3/8"-24 threaded mounting holes.
How do you tell a factory option Hurst base from the stock shifter base? The stock shifter has a thin (~1/16") stamped sheetmetal baseplate with a perimeter lip that folds downward, and a round rubber dust boot. The Hurst base has a 5/16" thick steel baseplate, a silver diecast housing, and a more rectangular boot.
STICK INFO: Hurst # 7238, chrome plated steel, 7.5" tall, dead straight. 3/8"-16 knob threads. All Hurst sticks have 3/8" holes spaced apart 7/8" on center. Stick is also sold alone in my other listings. *** Knobs with stock 16mm threads are not compatible with this stick. ***
KNOB INFO: A white Hurst molded knob with shift pattern imprinted on top and "Hurst" on sides. 1 7/8" diameter with 3/8"-16 threaded brass insert, jam nut included.
SEE MY OTHER LISTINGS FOR SHIFTERS, STICKS, KNOBS, & "HURST EQUIPPED" EMBLEMS!
We Also Recommend
6" tapered SS short shifter stick + Hurst knob for 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird - 6 speed w/ stock shifter