Shifter w/ chrome stick for Magnum XL 6 speed trans swap in 2005+ Mustang
Short throw shifter kit for Magnum XL transmission conversion in 2005-2014 Mustang. Could also be used in any custom application if the shifter stick meets the need, or if you need a taller stick, piece together a custom kit starting with a swap base. Does NOT fit "regular" Magnum w/ 6 bolt shifter base. Only fits tail location of XL. Make sure you have an XL model (long tail w/ 4-bolt base near very end of tail)
FYI: The Tremec Magnum XL is a new 6-speed manual transmission designed to replace the 2005-10 Mustang GT TR-3650 5-speed transmission with it's remote mounted shifter set up and also to replace the Getrag MT-82 transmission in the 2011-14 Mustang. The new Magnum features a much more robust direct shifter connection eliminating the remote set up on the 2005-2010 models and greatly improving durability over the Getrag MT-82 in the 2011-14 models.
DOES NOT FIT STOCK TRANSMISSIONS - ONLY THE MAGNUM XL CONVERSION. Does NOT FIT other Magnum or TR6060 - only XL and only at tail location.
Kit includes chrome stick #7201, classic knob, base assembly, mounting hardware, and installation instructions. Lower bushing cup not included - available separately if desired. Use with stock leather console boot. Overall height from base flange to top of knob is ~10". Throw is reduced by ~30%.
The base is built by Core Shifters using proven components inside a custom housing:
- High-strength billet steel gear selector stub
- Hardened steel cross-pin & stainless steel fulcrum pivot ring
- Self-centering cross-gate bias springs with heat treated spring seats
- Glass-reinforced polyamide fulcrum socket with steel wear clips
- Rubber oil control seal with steel retaining ring
- Extruded aluminum housing with Spirolox steel support ring
- Laser-cut steel lid & baseplate
We Also Recommend